Pages


Sunday 24 November 2013

Sleepless on Study Leave

After just over two years of forgetting the existence of this blog, I have finally returned. It's so . . . orange!

I suppose I should get around to updating my profile page as well. I suppose I'm not technically an undergrad any longer. At least, now I am an undergrad again. An undergrad squared? At any rate, after graduating and framing my shiny new degree - all the better to gather dust with, my dear - Real Life terrified me so much that I fled back to the sanctuary of academia. I am now slogging my way through med school. Yes, it appears that I have a hitherto-unsuspected streak of masochism in me.

However, my habits have yet to mature alongside my aging. Even now, I have sunk to a new depth of boredom, rather than using my study leave for, you know, studying. I have created a twitter account, with a grand total of one tweet. Bloody hell, just typing out that banal word, 'tweet', chips away at my self-respect. 

I was mildly interested in the Twitter phenomenon when it started; it was the name - alongside many, many other things - that put me off. Now that I have turned my back on my principles and acquired an account, I must battle one of my great foes: my overwhelming tendency towards verbosity.

Conciseness, thou art a worthy adversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment